I found using Flickr to be easy and it was wonderful to look at all of the photos from around the world. I ended up spending a long time going through all of the pictures of Costa Rica (while longing to return :-) ...) before finally choosing one to post here.
I think using photo sharing sites in the classroom can be an invaluable tool for both students and teachers. It has been my experience that students respond immediately to photographs of the people and places that they are studying.
I would like to take photographs I have of Spain, Mexico or Costa Rica and have students research them and then add notes to them using the facts they have found about the picture. It would be a great hands on project for the students as well as fun for me to assess. This activity would address the NETS standards number 2 and 3.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment